Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AquaRite Low Salt System?

1. Back To Top    #1

AquaRite Low Salt System?

Has anyone here heard of, or own the Hayward AquaRite Low Salt Generator system offered in Canada? I am in the process of finding a SWG and came across this. I am intrigued by it because it only costs slightly more than the regular AquaRite system, and with the lower salt concentration needed, the savings from less bags of salt to be added at the start and at the beginning of each season should more than make up for it. Also, it should be more gentle on rest of the pool equipment. Link below:

https://www.hayward-pool.ca/prd/In-G...25_401023_.htm

I am guessing the US model equivalent is this:
    http://www.hayward-pool.com/prd/In-G...01_14006_I.htm
    new in 2009 - 18' x 36' IG vinyl liner, 23,300 gallons
    24" sand filter w/ 1.5hp pump
    Polaris 280 cleaner w/ booster pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AquaRite Low Salt System?

I don't know about there in Canada, but here in the states a 40 lb bag of salt is only $4. It took 1200 lbs to get mine in range, and it was only $120 plus tax. You need almost half that. Guess it depends on the price difference, if it isn't very much, I will agree that it may be the better way to go if it's reliable.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Unfortunately, pool salt seems to be expensive in Canada. A 44lb (20kg) bag is $10 regular price, but can be found for $8, so double your cost.

4. Back To Top    #4

Use water softener salt instead (additive free versions). It is exactly the same stuff as pool salt just not ground up quite as finely and far less expensive.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

I've never used anything but water softener salt. I buy mine from Lowe's and I believe you have Lowe's stores in Canada. Down here the additive free water softener salt is in a blue bag and sells for $4.99. It is called "Diamond Crystal 40-lbs Salt Solar Crystals." Good stuff and I consider that to be a good price.
    Bosqueboy in Virginia

In-ground 20,000 gal vinyl Grecian, Hayward Star-Clear Plus C1200 cartridge filter, Hayward 3/4 HP Superpump, AquaRite salt water chlorine generator, Heat Siphon C575HP heat pump and Blue Diamond robotic cleaner.

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for the info, this is going to save me some money.

7. Back To Top    #7

The Diamond is exactly what I use.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

8. Back To Top    #8

Down here they carry Morton i think, but I also use the solar salt.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!