Lately I've been going through a lot of bleach (close to 5.5 ppm a day).
I've been reading the forum for close to 2 years so I suspected I had something in the water that was using up the bleach so last night I did an overnight test. Last night at around 9 pm, my FC was at 8 PPM and this morning at 5:30 am it was pretty much at the same spot. (If it dropped any, it was less than .5 ppm). This morning my CC was less than .5 (it barely turned pink and cleared up easily with 1 drop). Then as of 30 minutes ago (2:30pm), it's already dropped by 4 PPM (from 8 to 4). That's only a half day in the sun and nobody has even been in the pool.
My pool is plaster and about 15000 gallons. It's shallow and in full sun most of the day. I live in Dallas and its very hot and sunny today. The water is beautiful.
So this is where I need help. My assumption due to the overnight test is that my pool is clean and I'm losing FC to the sun. I don't think a cover is the direction we want to go, so therefore my only really option is raise my CYA closer to 50 and just plan on buying more bleach. Is this correct or am I missing something?
Thanks in advance.