Should the equipment pad look like this??

Agd38

Mar 14, 2014
Tampa
Now it may not be done 100% but when I asked the equipment installer, he indicated that he elevates all the equpment.
I emailed the pool builder regarding the look and hopefully I get an answer that satisfies us both.
The heatpro looks a little large for this platform as well, although it stll needs to be pushed back a bit.

Any thoughts??
Thanks!

If it helps, it looks better than this. :)

Plumbing.jpg

If you don't mind looking at that all the time no biggie. Kinda reminds me of the old stereo cabinets from the 70's where we would use plywood and cinderblock.
But seriously, I would pour a slab and build a fence/box/ enclosure of some kind around it.

Will be fencing it in. Will see end result after plumber resets the heat pro etc and pushes back.
Electrical is being installed tomorrow any tips or anything to ask?
I am sure they'll be asking me where I want the pool light switch.
It's the Hayward led color logic .

I am sure they'll be asking me where I want the pool light switch.
It's the Hayward led color logic .

Don't be so sure! Suggestion, tell them where you want it, don't wait to be asked or it may be too late. The same with the electrical panel if you have any preference.

^ +1

Don't count on anyone to do what you want, unless you tell them. My wife says to me all the time that I drive contractors crazy. Maybe, but I get it done how I want, since I have to live with it. I'm ok with that. :)

So I spoke to the contractor and he said that all their pads are elevated. Although I'll be extending my fence to cover up the equipment from plain site. I'm not crazy about the cinderblock look. Kinda reminds me of the 80's movies when they would take the wheels off the cars and put the car up on cinderblocks :)

From his experience, many slabs have cracked when poured or slabs on the dirt, the elevation makes it easier to replace if at all necessary.

Who knows?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That, would NOT fly at my house!

If it were my pool build, I would remind the PB how much money I have tied up in this deal and how unprofessional that looks. I could have done that myself! Personally, I don't care if it's covered with a tarp, it looks horrible and CHEAP! I don't mean to offend you. I just don't think this looks professional at all.

This is a new build pool is 15 x30. The filter is 1750 and the pipe diameter on all the plumbing is 2"
I believe the pool is 14274 gallons.

- - - Updated - - -

How big is the pool and how many gpm is that filter. What is the pipe diameter?

This is a new build pool is 15 x30. The filter is 1750 and the pipe diameter on all the plumbing is 2"

That, would NOT fly at my house!

If it were my pool build, I would remind the PB how much money I have tied up in this deal and how unprofessional that looks. I could have done that myself! Personally, I don't care if it's covered with a tarp, it looks horrible and CHEAP! I don't mean to offend you. I just don't think this looks professional at all.

x2

I'd ask for him to do it the right way. Remind the PB that what may be just "another pool" to him is a very BIG deal in your life. Cutting corners shouldn't work.

Update this morning I had words with the plumber aka--equipment guy. He asked me if I wanted to just set the slabs on the dirt. I said to leave it.
When the foreman comes around we will discuss. On a side note-i plan on extending the travertine decking path around the equipment and I'm sure they can mortar/thinset the face of it ;)

Electricians are adding the panel and lightswitch. The cool part is I can tap into the 300watt transformer in the future if I were to add outdoor lighting out back.
Although same circuit as the led pool light...on/off.
Here's the latest pic on the equipment set.--

That all seems cool. From the pic, I somehow got the mistaken impression it was all a bit smaller than that. I think you're good to go.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.