Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should the equipment pad look like this??

1. Back To Top    #1

Should the equipment pad look like this??

Now it may not be done 100% but when I asked the equipment installer, he indicated that he elevates all the equpment.
    I emailed the pool builder regarding the look and hopefully I get an answer that satisfies us both.
    The heatpro looks a little large for this platform as well, although it stll needs to be pushed back a bit.

Any thoughts??
    Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Should the equipment pad look like this??

If it helps, it looks better than this.

Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Interesting setup to be honest. I'd worry about those slabs cracking. Nice heat pump though, I have the same one. Works great!
    24'x40' 25k gal Imperial Mountain Pond IGP, full 28 mil VynAll Ocean Breakers liner. All Hayward system: 140k BTU HeatPro heat pump, 3/4HP single speed TriStar 2" Pump, DE6020 filter, AquaPlus Automation/Salt Chlorination, remote controls, ColorLogic 4.0 lighting. Polaris 280 w/PB4-60 BP. TF100 & K1766 test kits. Rinox Palazzo pavers and Spherik coping. Pool installed 9/2013, project completed 6/16/14.

4. Back To Top    #4

If you don't mind looking at that all the time no biggie. Kinda reminds me of the old stereo cabinets from the 70's where we would use plywood and cinderblock.
    But seriously, I would pour a slab and build a fence/box/ enclosure of some kind around it.
    -Jimbo- My pool was full of dirt and trees. Now it's full of water and children!
    20k gallon inground pool, 18" raised spa 7' round, 8 jets, 3" spa plumbing. Pentair intelliflo 3hp vsp, Easy touch 4 w/ ic 40, CCP 420 cartridge filter, Raypak 407a w/ cupro nickel, Screen logic 2, Pentair intelliph, spa side remote, Pentair 5g color lights pool and spa, TF-100 test kit with speed stir and Dolphin Oasis Z5

5. Back To Top    #5

Will be fencing it in. Will see end result after plumber resets the heat pro etc and pushes back.
    Electrical is being installed tomorrow any tips or anything to ask?
    I am sure they'll be asking me where I want the pool light switch.
    It's the Hayward led color logic .

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Agd38 View Post
    I am sure they'll be asking me where I want the pool light switch.
    It's the Hayward led color logic .
    Don't be so sure! Suggestion, tell them where you want it, don't wait to be asked or it may be too late. The same with the electrical panel if you have any preference.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

7. Back To Top    #7

^ +1

Don't count on anyone to do what you want, unless you tell them. My wife says to me all the time that I drive contractors crazy. Maybe, but I get it done how I want, since I have to live with it. I'm ok with that.
    24'x40' 25k gal Imperial Mountain Pond IGP, full 28 mil VynAll Ocean Breakers liner. All Hayward system: 140k BTU HeatPro heat pump, 3/4HP single speed TriStar 2" Pump, DE6020 filter, AquaPlus Automation/Salt Chlorination, remote controls, ColorLogic 4.0 lighting. Polaris 280 w/PB4-60 BP. TF100 & K1766 test kits. Rinox Palazzo pavers and Spherik coping. Pool installed 9/2013, project completed 6/16/14.

8. Back To Top    #8

So I spoke to the contractor and he said that all their pads are elevated. Although I'll be extending my fence to cover up the equipment from plain site. I'm not crazy about the cinderblock look. Kinda reminds me of the 80's movies when they would take the wheels off the cars and put the car up on cinderblocks

From his experience, many slabs have cracked when poured or slabs on the dirt, the elevation makes it easier to replace if at all necessary.

Who knows?

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

How big is the pool and how many gpm is that filter. What is the pipe diameter?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

10. Back To Top    #10

I've never been to Tampa and never seen a lightweight concrete condenser pad used like that. Why not just set the pads on the ground? How many of these is he replacing? That heat pump has a 10 year service life.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

11. Back To Top    #11

That, would NOT fly at my house!

If it were my pool build, I would remind the PB how much money I have tied up in this deal and how unprofessional that looks. I could have done that myself! Personally, I don't care if it's covered with a tarp, it looks horrible and CHEAP! I don't mean to offend you. I just don't think this looks professional at all.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
    If it helps, it looks better than this.

OMG!!!

I hope that's photoshopped! LOL WOW!!!!
    Installed May 2014 - 16' x 48" Summer Escapes Pro Series Pool AG Vinyl (6,000 gal) - Intex 2650 Sand Filter - Christmas, FL

13. Back To Top    #13

This is a new build pool is 15 x30. The filter is 1750 and the pipe diameter on all the plumbing is 2"
    I believe the pool is 14274 gallons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh View Post
    How big is the pool and how many gpm is that filter. What is the pipe diameter?
    This is a new build pool is 15 x30. The filter is 1750 and the pipe diameter on all the plumbing is 2"

14. Back To Top    #14

At least your pump is on concrete. The pool I inherited has the pump sitting directly on dirt.
    Thanks,
    Gil

In-ground: 20,600 gallons; Sand Filter 1HP pump; Kreepy Krauler; Solar Breeze Solar Powered Robotic Skimmer; TFT-100 test kit

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    That, would NOT fly at my house!

If it were my pool build, I would remind the PB how much money I have tied up in this deal and how unprofessional that looks. I could have done that myself! Personally, I don't care if it's covered with a tarp, it looks horrible and CHEAP! I don't mean to offend you. I just don't think this looks professional at all.
    x2

I'd ask for him to do it the right way. Remind the PB that what may be just "another pool" to him is a very BIG deal in your life. Cutting corners shouldn't work.
    IG gunite 32 x 18 on a bachelor budget! Click Here To See

16. Back To Top    #16

Mine uses the same pads but set directly on the ground. Looks fine to me. They did pack the ground underneath with heavy equipment to prevent settling later on.
    30X40' free-form gunite/plaster pool, 4-8' deep with flagstone beach entry, gunite "rock" retaining wall with multiple small waterfalls/planters, grotto/slide/waterfall combo, 18" raised spa with waterfall into pool

17. Back To Top    #17

Update this morning I had words with the plumber aka--equipment guy. He asked me if I wanted to just set the slabs on the dirt. I said to leave it.
    When the foreman comes around we will discuss. On a side note-i plan on extending the travertine decking path around the equipment and I'm sure they can mortar/thinset the face of it

Electricians are adding the panel and lightswitch. The cool part is I can tap into the 300watt transformer in the future if I were to add outdoor lighting out back.
    Although same circuit as the led pool light...on/off.
    Here's the latest pic on the equipment set.--

18. Back To Top    #18

I like the idea of elevating the equipment, and you have some landscaping options to pretty it up.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by zea3 View Post
    I like the idea of elevating the equipment, and you have some landscaping options to pretty it up.
    Sure, but elevating is not the issue at hand. Sitting on cinder blocks (the aesthetics of it) sounded like one of the TS's concerns. Unless I'm reading it wrong?
    IG gunite 32 x 18 on a bachelor budget! Click Here To See

20. Back To Top    #20

In the Industry

That all seems cool. From the pic, I somehow got the mistaken impression it was all a bit smaller than that. I think you're good to go.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast