Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help! Easy Touch 8 # of actuators able to use????

1. Back To Top    #1

Help! Easy Touch 8 # of actuators able to use????

Am building a pool with spa (with spillway) as well as a shear decent water fall and deck jets and a suction cleaner with a dedicated line. There will be 3 pumps. Two 1.5hp VS (Pentair). One for the Pool/Spa combo and one for the Sheer decent and deck jets. The third pump, 1 hp, for the spa jets. Will be using Easy Touch 8 hard wired to house coupled with SpaCommand 10 button spa side remote. The plan was to use two 3 way diverters for the pool/spa/spillway control, and a 2 way diverter on the dedicated cleaner line. Then, on the "Waterfeature" pump to have a T after the pump with one line going to the Shear Decent water fall and another to the deck jets. To control them each would have a 2 way valve between the T and the feature.

In reconfirming this with Pentair this am I was told that the easy touch 8 could only have 4 actuators on it. Originally I was told that it could have as many as there were Aux and/or Feature buttons available. The guy I talked to could'nt say why only 4 just that it said that. So, my main question is can I program a 5th actuator for the cleaner 2 way valve or is the there a reason the EasyTouch 8 can't handle more than 4 total (which makes no sense to me). My guess is that it can and the 4 the tech guy was referencing was a max of 4 that are coordinated together.

I also have a question on my plumbing of the water feature side. I want to program it so if the shear decent is turned on then it turns on the pump and opens that 2 way valve. Then if I turn on the deck jets it leaves the pump on and opens the deck jet 2 way valve. Then if I turn off the deck jets that it does not turn the pump off just closes the valve and only turns off the pump when both are shut off.

I am working with a pool builder that, it turns out, has little to no experience with Automation and I have become the de facto decision maker on how we will do it.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help! Easy Touch 8 # of actuators able to use????

There are four actuator connections on the unit. However, aux relays can be converted to actuator controls using a small adapter board (available separately not from Pentair).
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion View Post
    There are four actuator connections on the unit. However, aux relays can be converted to actuator controls using a small adapter board (available separately not from Pentair).
    Thanks Jason, where might someone learn about and get the adapter board. I assume with that they would then be able to be programmed?

4. Back To Top    #4

Look for the Jandy 5254 JVA Auxiliary Relay Board. It is not totally plug and play, you need to locate and wire power to it in addition to the relay and actuator connections.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion View Post
    Look for the Jandy 5254 JVA Auxiliary Relay Board. It is not totally plug and play, you need to locate and wire power to it in addition to the relay and actuator connections.
    Thanks very much!!