liner pulled away from under light

sc204

Jul 9, 2014
Hauppauge, NY
I have been losing water all winter and finally think I discovered the source. A section of liner has pulled out from under the underwater light bezel maybe 1.5 to 2 square inches exposing the foam material under the liner.

Light is in the low end and exposed area is on the bottom portion of the ring.

So questions.

1) I obviously have to remove the light ring/bezel so I suspect that I need to lower the water below this first?
2) Can I use the excess liner material left over from the install as a patch?
3) Am I going to have a major issue with the liner pulling away if I loosen/remove the light ring?

Thank you.

If you can see the liner is short, you can probably try and remove the light, add a patch and reinsert the light. I am unclear on if you should lower the water level to do this or not. I am going to assume, it can be done while the pool is full with the electric to the light and or pool off. Good Luck :goodjob:

If you can see the liner is short, you can probably try and remove the light, add a patch and reinsert the light. I am unclear on if you should lower the water level to do this or not. I am going to assume, it can be done while the pool is full with the electric to the light and or pool off. Good Luck :goodjob:

Can I use left over liner for a patch or am I better off using the thinner stuff that would come in a patch kit?

You can definitely use left over liner if you have enough. I hope it fixes your problem! :goodjob: Keep us updated!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.