Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: liner pulled away from under light

1. Back To Top    #1

liner pulled away from under light

I have been losing water all winter and finally think I discovered the source. A section of liner has pulled out from under the underwater light bezel maybe 1.5 to 2 square inches exposing the foam material under the liner.

Light is in the low end and exposed area is on the bottom portion of the ring.

So questions.

1) I obviously have to remove the light ring/bezel so I suspect that I need to lower the water below this first?
    2) Can I use the excess liner material left over from the install as a patch?
    3) Am I going to have a major issue with the liner pulling away if I loosen/remove the light ring?

Thank you.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: liner pulled away from under light

Can you add details of the pool you are working with? Thank you and welcome to TFP.

What we need to know to answer your questions
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Sure: inground vinyl liner, steel wall. 20 x 40 with a 12 x 16 L. Chlorine, DE filter (large Hayward) Hayward heat pump. Lights are old style incandescent large niche type. Leak is just below the low end light.

4. Back To Top    #4

If you can see the liner is short, you can probably try and remove the light, add a patch and reinsert the light. I am unclear on if you should lower the water level to do this or not. I am going to assume, it can be done while the pool is full with the electric to the light and or pool off. Good Luck

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    If you can see the liner is short, you can probably try and remove the light, add a patch and reinsert the light. I am unclear on if you should lower the water level to do this or not. I am going to assume, it can be done while the pool is full with the electric to the light and or pool off. Good Luck
    Can I use left over liner for a patch or am I better off using the thinner stuff that would come in a patch kit?

6. Back To Top    #6

You can definitely use left over liner if you have enough. I hope it fixes your problem! Keep us updated!