New AG pool install with water being trucked in...does it need SLAM?

Jun 27, 2014
Boston, MA
So I've tried to do a lot of reading here but didn't see this answer anywhere. Currently on track to have 24' round pool installed next Wednesday. Planning on having water trucked in to fill it. Do we need to SLAM it before we do anything else, or just start up with testing/treating to try and get normal levels? I know you SLAM when pool is dirty/algae growth, but wasn't sure if you also start that way too.

Test your water, and if you have more than 1CC, SLAM the pool. If not, adjust accordingly and enjoy.

Have you ordered a test kit yet?

Test kit ordered. Planning on buying CYA and chlorine/bleach this weekend. Not sure if I should buy anything for pH adjustment yet or wait and see...
Wait. But while you're out and about, do look to see who stocks borax and washing soda and big bags of baking soda and full-strength (31%) muriatic acid so you won't be frantically rushing around searching for it while kids are whining to get in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.