Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New AG pool install with water being trucked in...does it need SLAM?

1. Back To Top    #1

New AG pool install with water being trucked in...does it need SLAM?

So I've tried to do a lot of reading here but didn't see this answer anywhere. Currently on track to have 24' round pool installed next Wednesday. Planning on having water trucked in to fill it. Do we need to SLAM it before we do anything else, or just start up with testing/treating to try and get normal levels? I know you SLAM when pool is dirty/algae growth, but wasn't sure if you also start that way too.
    24'x 54" Round Sharkline Oceanic installed summer 2014,Hayward EC45 bump style 1.5hp DE filter (using cellulose),TF-100 test kit. First time Pool owner- thinking about SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New AG pool install with water being trucked in...does it need SLAM?

Follow this guide and you'll be fine: http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...emporary-pools
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3

Test your water, and if you have more than 1CC, SLAM the pool. If not, adjust accordingly and enjoy.

Have you ordered a test kit yet?
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Circulation, pH, CYA, chlorine. Or Circulation, chlorine, CYA, pH. It doesn't matter. If the water source is from a municipal water company and not from a pond, I doubt you'll need to SLAM it right away.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Test kit ordered. Planning on buying CYA and chlorine/bleach this weekend. Not sure if I should buy anything for pH adjustment yet or wait and see...
    24'x 54" Round Sharkline Oceanic installed summer 2014,Hayward EC45 bump style 1.5hp DE filter (using cellulose),TF-100 test kit. First time Pool owner- thinking about SWG

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by cmbx2mom View Post
    Test kit ordered. Planning on buying CYA and chlorine/bleach this weekend. Not sure if I should buy anything for pH adjustment yet or wait and see...
    Wait. But while you're out and about, do look to see who stocks borax and washing soda and big bags of baking soda and full-strength (31%) muriatic acid so you won't be frantically rushing around searching for it while kids are whining to get in.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

7. Back To Top    #7

ok thanks. I read some folks find all those at Walmart/Home Depot?

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by cmbx2mom View Post
    ok thanks. I read some folks find all those at Walmart/Home Depot?
    Yep. Or target, or the grocery store, or Costco. Just keep your eyes peeled while you're out and about.

If the installers don't include it, you'll need to have some DE or cellulose for the filter, too.