After just posting a different thread I got advice to start a less complicated thread so here goes.
First off the pool is the bane to my life. I promised myself this year I'd be on top of my chemicals and testing and it would be easy... no it still sucks.
I paid someone to close and open my pool for me so it did look beautiful at first (I wish I could pay them all the time to take care of the pool). Then it all went down hill.
-I noticed bubbles coming out of the water return valves with the water. I think this must have happened when I forgot to turn the pool off at the circuit breaker and the pump ran dry after the closing for a few hours due to the intermittent timer things. But the pool guy got it looking good so I figured "a small leak, no big deal."
- when I tried to go back to intermittent the pump would lose prime and then run dry
- the pool guy put a check valve on
- Pool was fine for a while but when the yellow arrived I started trying to look at leak since the vacuuming of the pool was terrible
Here's what I know about my equipment and leak
-In the pump water pot the bubbles seem to be coming from the side before the pump because I can see through the lid.
- I replaced the gasket and used special pool gunk to lube it. This did not fix the leak.
- My basket is warped, although it's been like that since I bought the house so it's hard to know if it's gotten worse.
- There is always sand in my pool, the dolphin probably sucks up about 1-2 tablespoons when it runs every day.
Here is a picture of my set up. Please tell me where to look for leaks and what to do first, I don't understand language like influent and effluent fittings. And of course the pool is green but i guess that can wait till I figure out the mechanical stuff.