Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Please Help, Cloudy Water over a Month, Test Results Posted, What am I doing WRONG!

1. Back To Top    #1

Please Help, Cloudy Water over a Month, Test Results Posted, What am I doing WRONG!

Hello,

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong. I opened the pool and everything was fine. While I was on vacation my chlorinator broke, it took a week for a new one to come and I haven't seen the bottom of the deep end since (very cloudy). I've shocked, I've used Flocc, I've used Clarifier, I have tried everything. I have been getting mixed test results every week, but here is the latest. I was wandering if it is possible to get it cleared up by the 26th of July. Thanks in Advance

CL 1
    PH 7.2
    FC 1.5
    CC .5
    TC 2.0
    TA 80
    CH 220
    CYA 55
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter, 1.5 HP Pump, 22,000 Gal, Vinyl Inground, Pentair Automatic Chlorine Feeder

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Please Help, Cloudy Water over a Month, Test Results Posted, What am I doing WRON

Well, it's hard to put a deadline on it, but if your follow the suggestions we make, and you follow them PERFECTLY, I would say there is a VERY good chance.

1. Tell us what your pool water looks like right now (a Pic would be wonderful)

2. Tell us how old those test results are and what kit did you use (I think I know but just confirming)

3. Plan on buying a whole lot of chlorine to clear your pool. You will need a bunch but let's get some questions and answers going first.

4. When was your filter last backwashed?

5. What was the pressure after backwash?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Please Help, Cloudy Water over a Month, Test Results Posted, What am I doing WRON

Thanks, I will start slamming tomorrow. The test results are from the TF-100 test kit.
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter, 1.5 HP Pump, 22,000 Gal, Vinyl Inground, Pentair Automatic Chlorine Feeder

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Well, you knew where I was going without answering the questions

Hit that SLAM hard with frequent testing, brushing and CONSTANT chlorine additions and I think that 26 deadline is very doable. Keep us posted.
    Dave S.

5. Back To Top    #5

No, I'm still here...lol

I was trying to upload photos but it said upload failed.

2) The test results are about 3 hours old

3) I need to know how much bleach to buy

4) I haven't backwash in about 3 days (PSI is currently 15, when it normally around 12 PSI)

Thanks again!!!

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

The photos are a nice help. Keep trying when you can.

Buy as much as 20-30 gallons. It will not go bad as you can use it to daily maintain your pool the rest of the season.

Clean psi of 12 sounds normal. Prepare to back wash just before you start to SLAM.

Are you prepared to start the SLAM by following the article PRECISELY?
    Dave S.

7. Back To Top    #7

8. Back To Top    #8

Pics aren't coming through.

You want plain bleach with no scents, thickeners or other additives. I think the outdoor stuff has extra stuff you don't want.
    TFP Method Advanced Intermediate
    • 17,500 gallons - In Ground - Plaster - Hayward Swimclear 3020 Cartridge Filter - Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas Main Pump upgraded with A.O. Smith B2980 E-Plus New Centurion Two-Speed Motor - Polaris 280 Cleaner with Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump - TightWatt2 Timer - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit - Pool Pilot Digital Nano SWCG

Helpful Links: Pool School, BBB for Beginners, How to Shock (hint...it's a process not a product), Chlorine/CYA Chart, Jason's Pool Calculator

9. Back To Top    #9

10. Back To Top    #10

I like a thread with pictures included! I also like a pool with a slide and a diving board. Is everyone invited to this July 26 pool party?

Pictures are easy to include, on your photobucket library, view the picture you want to include, then right click the picture and click 'Copy Image URL'. Then on your TFP post simply add a IMG (wrapped in []), paste your URL, and finish with a /IMG (also wrapped in []).
    14,000 gallon rectangle vinyl pool. 4' depth throughout
    Hayward SP2605x7 3/4 HP pump and S-220T sand filter (23 GPM filter rate) with SP0714T multi-port valve.
    Inline chlorinator
    T104R pump timer

11. Back To Top    #11

Thanks, for adding the pics DirtyRat91 and yes everyone is invited!!!

I just came back from Walmart and I am ready to slam. I bought 20 jugs of Great Value Bleach 8.25%. According to Pool School in order to reach shock FC I should add 696 ounces of bleach approximately (7 bottles). I also need to backwash, turn off my chlorinator and run my pump 24/7.