Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is it acceptable to use Pentair Easy Touch 8 Load Center for pool house power?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is it acceptable to use Pentair Easy Touch 8 Load Center for pool house power?

We have a Pentair Easy Touch 8 load center used for the typical pool stuff. There is plenty of capacity (60 amp breaker in main) and 4 open slots for breakers. We built a pool shed just in front of the load center (literally 6" away). I would like to run a circuit (possibly two if allowed per code) to the shed for lights and outlets. Is there something in the wiring code that would not allow this? Thank you!
    18' x 37' x 29' Vinyl Pool, Imperial Whitewave Spillover Spa, Cantilever Concrete Coping with Stone on one side, Vinyl Over Steps, Pentair Easy Touch 8 Pool and Spa Control System, Pentair SD80 Sand Filter, Pentair IntelliChlor IC40, Pentair IntelliFlo VS-3050 Pump, Pentair Mastertemp 300, 3 Pentair Globrite LED lights, 2 Deckjets, Kreepy Krauly Cleaner, GLI Promesh Safety Cover, Ultra Aluminum Fence

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is it acceptable to use Pentair Easy Touch 8 Load Center for pool house power?

That is open to some interpretation. A detached structure requires it's own sub-panel. If the EasyTouch is "in" the shed then fine. But if the EasyTouch is separate from the shed, then the shed needs it's own sub-panel.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Is it acceptable to use Pentair Easy Touch 8 Load Center for pool house power?

Thank you for the quick reply. I expected your answer - thank you for confirmation. I do believe that detached structures are allowed one circuit without a subpanel, so I guess that is what I will limit myself to. And as I understand it I could use a multiwire circuit to get the two circuits I want without a subpanel. Not sure I need to, but I will read more about that one.
    18' x 37' x 29' Vinyl Pool, Imperial Whitewave Spillover Spa, Cantilever Concrete Coping with Stone on one side, Vinyl Over Steps, Pentair Easy Touch 8 Pool and Spa Control System, Pentair SD80 Sand Filter, Pentair IntelliChlor IC40, Pentair IntelliFlo VS-3050 Pump, Pentair Mastertemp 300, 3 Pentair Globrite LED lights, 2 Deckjets, Kreepy Krauly Cleaner, GLI Promesh Safety Cover, Ultra Aluminum Fence