Aqualogic PS8 Not Turning Pump On

joelq

Mar 29, 2007
Hi all -

The filter was running normally per my filter schedule today, but wanted to go for a swim tonight after the pump had already turned off for the day, so I turned it on manually. No dice.

The valve actuators are moving normally, and all LEDs and lights are working normally as well. I hear a click as if a relay is clicking on when I press the "filter" button.

I verified that there is 240v going into the Line In terminals for the Filter Pump (left side of picture), but no voltage coming out of the Load Out terminals, so sounds like something is not turning on properly.

Any other suggestions for me to check? I'm afraid it might be the board, but would like to do some more tests to confirm that indeed is the problem.

WP_20140708_20_46_15_Pro_zpsd5f8a792.jpg

Thanks, all!

It is possible for the power relay to get stuck in one position or the other. You may need to replace the relay, or swap it for one that isn't currently in use.

Thanks, Jason. I was wondering that, too, but the clicking sound to me would indicate that the relay wasn't stuck - unless there is more than one relay that clicks on, and I'm just hearing one of them. Either way, I tapped the relays that I could see with the handle of a screwdriver to see if I could get them unstuck but that didn't help, unfortunately.

Is there a diagram/schematic somewhere that shows which relays control the pump?

Thanks!

I took a quick look this morning before heading to work, and looks like my Aux 4 - 6 relays are currently unused, so I should have plenty of relays to try this out with.

Does anyone know if the relays are all interchangeable? I know the pump is 240v, for example.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.