Not sure where to post this. Newbie getting an above ground pool

marianegs

Bronze Supporter
Jul 8, 2014
NJ
Hi everyone, I am getting a above ground pool. I think I am going with the Swim n play Yorkshire pool the 18 x52. It says the liner is the GLI 18ft Overlap and the pump is the Waterway 19 sand filer system with 1.0 hp. Is this good enough for the pool? Also I have been looking around and people mention a BBB pool owner. What does that mean? Thank you for any help you can give!

Don't know about the pool question but the BBB method is what we do using available chemicals that can be purchased locally like Walmart, HomeDepot ... instead of spending big $$$ on stuff from pool stores. With a properly maintained pool you don't need algaecide weekly, monthly or ever. Same with a lot of the special or maintenance chemicals a pool store will sell you.
If you don't mind some reading open this up and read the topics on the left. It's a simpler and less expensive way to maintain a clean, sparkly, sanitary pool. http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/
As you have questions, ask away. Welcome :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.