Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Not sure where to post this. Newbie getting an above ground pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Not sure where to post this. Newbie getting an above ground pool

Hi everyone, I am getting a above ground pool. I think I am going with the Swim n play Yorkshire pool the 18 x52. It says the liner is the GLI 18ft Overlap and the pump is the Waterway 19 sand filer system with 1.0 hp. Is this good enough for the pool? Also I have been looking around and people mention a BBB pool owner. What does that mean? Thank you for any help you can give!

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Not sure where to post this. Newbie getting an above ground pool

Don't know about the pool question but the BBB method is what we do using available chemicals that can be purchased locally like Walmart, HomeDepot ... instead of spending big $$$ on stuff from pool stores. With a properly maintained pool you don't need algaecide weekly, monthly or ever. Same with a lot of the special or maintenance chemicals a pool store will sell you.
    If you don't mind some reading open this up and read the topics on the left. It's a simpler and less expensive way to maintain a clean, sparkly, sanitary pool. http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/
    As you have questions, ask away. Welcome
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!