I have an older pool that I maintain myself. I want to install automation but I don't know which system to buy.
I want a system that can manage the scheduling of the pool equipment, allow for switching from pool to spa, control the heater when in spa mode, schedule and run Polaris and turn pool lights on/off.
Here are the relevant bullet points:
1. I will install this myself - I am not a novice as I have installed AutoPilot SWG, replaced motors, filters, valve actuators and more. So, it needs to be available for direct sale and not just through a pool installer.
2. Upgradeable - a few years back, I owned a home with pool that hand Jandy AquaLink RS. I remember being frustrated when I wanted to add wireless remote control and they told me I had to by new model for that functionality. I would really like to know if any brands keep up to date via user installable updates.
3. Hopefully it will interface with home automation systems like Insteon, Universal Devices, etc. I don't have that yet but I will.
4. Non-proprietary to their own brand only. My pump motor that I will install next week is an Ecotech EZ VS, SWG is AutoPilot. I don't have the actuators yet. Can't I find something that will get along with everything?
5. Have a wireless remote control and/or smartphone app
6. Internet access to commands (wired to LAN or wireless makes no difference, I can run a wire)
7. Expandable for future upgrades. I may want to add other features to the system later.
Thank you in advance.