Hi all! I am a graduate student at the University of Akron in Ohio, and I am working on a research project this summer for a non-profit economic development firm in my area. My project is to learn more about pool/spa water quality testing and monitoring. I was hoping you all could answer the following questions:
- 1. What testing method do you currently use? Why?
- 2. What are you testing for?
- 3. How frequently do you test?
In addition, I am hoping to get feedback concerning a new water quality sensor that is being developed. The sensor consists of an electrode pair that measures pH, EC, and temperature. It is wireless and transmits its results either to an LCD display or a smart phone app. I know there are some similar products out there that have not been very successful, but I would really appreciate any feedback you can give on whether this product is something you would be interested in.
- 1. If you are interested, please let me know what appeals to you about this product and any additional thoughts you have concerning a product like this.
- 2. If you are not interested, please also let me know why and how the sensor could be modified to better fit your needs.
Thank you so much for your feedback!