New To TFP!

Jul 8, 2014
East Coast
Hello everyone! My name is Corbin, and I am a high schooler in Florida.

As of two weeks ago, I developed an interest in pool care after researching how to rid of cloudy water. My parents were previously maintaining our pool, but barely knew what they were doing. Our pool would grow algae every couple of months. Our water got cloudy, which annoyed me; it ruined my summer swimming. :( I now maintain our pool, and it is mostly sparkling clear! :D

Our cloudy water was caused by high pH, low filtration time, and maybe low chlorine levels. I'm currently in the process of building our stabilizer levels with HTH Super trichlor tablets. I currently use the AquaChek Select 7-in-1 test strips, and will be replacing them with a Taylor K-2006 test kit.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard! Pretty soon you'll be schooling your parents and showing them a sparkly pool.

Read lots of Pool School. I know it's summer but if you have to go to school, go to Pool School. :cool:

I'd also negotiate for more allowance or *insert whatever you really want here* after taking control of the pool chemistry. :mrgreen:

Get the TF100 instead of the k2006 as you'll get more reagents and it'll last longer!

Congrats on taking over the pool. Any pics?

Also... :lookhere: What we need to know to answer your questions

Add your signature in settings so we don't have to chase you down to see what kind of pool you're in charge of. :mrgreen: