Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Test kit extras

1. Back To Top    #1

Test kit extras

We close on our house in 21 days. I am getting ready to order my TF100 so I am ready to go. I am getting the XL version and speedstir. How many extra beans would anyone suggest getting. I want to keep it easy and not mess around with just one.

Thnx,

Chris
    16x32 IG rectangular 21,800k new vinyl liner 2014, Triton II TR 50 sand Filter, Pentair 3/4 hsp whisperflow pump, 3 returns, TF100 test kit w/speedstir. Maytronics s 300i robot.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Test kit extras

I have 4 stirbars.

One for the FAS-DPD test cylinder.
    One for the TA test cylinder
    One for the CH test cylinder - I use the one that comes with the speedstir for that
    One to mix the CYA test in the mixing bottle. Yes, it shakes out just fine when you're done.

That way, I can run every single test before I have to wash any dishes.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    I have 4 stirbars.

One for the FAS-DPD test cylinder.
    One for the TA test cylinder
    One for the CH test cylinder - I use the one that comes with the speedstir for that
    One to mix the CYA test in the mixing bottle. Yes, it shakes out just fine when you're done.

That way, I can run every single test before I have to wash any dishes.
    Thnx, that is what I was looking for. Anything else I should get when placing the order?
    16x32 IG rectangular 21,800k new vinyl liner 2014, Triton II TR 50 sand Filter, Pentair 3/4 hsp whisperflow pump, 3 returns, TF100 test kit w/speedstir. Maytronics s 300i robot.

4. Back To Top    #4

Good idea! I hate washing everything in between. Will order some myself.

On CYA though, Richard, you use the speedstir? With the mixing bottle? I Just shake, wait 30 seconds, shake again, and test. Is that wrong? Is it 30 seconds of continuous mixing? I'll have to reread the instructions. Could have sworn I had it right.
    24'x40' 25k gal Imperial Mountain Pond IGP, full 28 mil VynAll Ocean Breakers liner. All Hayward system: 140k BTU HeatPro heat pump, 3/4HP single speed TriStar 2" Pump, DE6020 filter, AquaPlus Automation/Salt Chlorination, remote controls, ColorLogic 4.0 lighting. Polaris 280 w/PB4-60 BP. TF100 & K1766 test kits. Rinox Palazzo pavers and Spherik coping. Pool installed 9/2013, project completed 6/16/14.

5. Back To Top    #5

I'm just lazy. Add water, add reagent, drop in the pill and let it mix.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

LOL. I jut ordered 3 pills and the CYA 50ppm standard solution (always forget to get that to validate my testing method).
    24'x40' 25k gal Imperial Mountain Pond IGP, full 28 mil VynAll Ocean Breakers liner. All Hayward system: 140k BTU HeatPro heat pump, 3/4HP single speed TriStar 2" Pump, DE6020 filter, AquaPlus Automation/Salt Chlorination, remote controls, ColorLogic 4.0 lighting. Polaris 280 w/PB4-60 BP. TF100 & K1766 test kits. Rinox Palazzo pavers and Spherik coping. Pool installed 9/2013, project completed 6/16/14.

7. Back To Top    #7

I suspect given your location and that you have a vinyl pool you will be doing a lot less CH testing than Richard does with his high CH fill water.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

8. Back To Top    #8

Yeah, but an extra stirrer isn't a bad thing.

9. Back To Top    #9

How's your filter pressure gauge? I hear TFTestkits has a nice liquid filled one that makes a great replacement for the cheapy ones. (I'm going to get one someday!)
    18' x 48" (42" water depth) Intex Metal Frame 6,700 Gallons
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.0 HP pump
    Hayward Pro Series S166T Sand Filter
    Original Intex Floating Skimmer

10. Back To Top    #10

I just want to say how impressed I am with you guys. I ordered my kit yesterday and within an hour I had shipping confirmation and my stuff will be here tomorrow. Very impressive service

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beens View Post
    How's your filter pressure gauge? I hear TFTestkits has a nice liquid filled one that makes a great replacement for the cheapy ones. (I'm going to get one someday!)
    I have no idea! The pool is currently awaiting a new liner. The equipment has not been turned on yet this year.