Getting ready to have some heavy rain...Anything I should do afterwards?

kris77

May 27, 2014
Clarksburg, WV
So heavy rain and storms are predicted for today into tonight.

My pool is balanced perfectly right now with the exception of my CYA. Not exactly sure what it is yet...I'll need to wait till the weekend to measure.

I was just wondering if there is anything different i should do or test for after the rain?
I test FC daily and PH every other day. PH has been 7.5 for the past 2 weeks since I filled the pool.

I try to stay at around 5ppm FC. Should I raise it a little before the rain? Or just keep doing like i'm doing?

Not a whole lot to do...don't sweat it.

If your yard doesn't drain really well you might make sure any choke points that could back up are cleared out. That's what happened to mine earlier this spring (and it did make a mess...)

1513645_10152087821436806_9004129949202417105_n.jpg

What is this thing you call rain? :scratch:

If they're forecasting lots and lots of rain, enough so there's a chance the pool will overflow, drain some now. Otherwise, it will find the lowest side of the pool and run out there, washing away the dirt in that area, which will make the wall settle even more in that low spot, which will make it leak faster there next time, and I think you know where it's going.

Your chemistry won't be affected as much as you fear. Just for simple math, say your water is 50" deep. 2" of rain is only 4%. So if CYA is 40, it will be 38.4. You can't even read that change on the CYA tester!

So the storms passed yesterday. Pool is full now...lol Leaves and debris everywhere. Solar cover was blown off.

All and all we did fairly well. FC was at 3 last night when I tested. I left the cover off and got as many leaves out as I could with the net. I'll have to vacuum it today.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.