Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need some of you Aqua masters to review my numbers?

1. Back To Top    #1

Need some of you Aqua masters to review my numbers?

Some background, we opened the pool after be closed for 8+ years, Had a local pool contractor clean the swamp, had new above ground plumbing work done, replaced sand in Filter, new multiport & had the heater rebuilt. They added a chlorinator, which I filled with pucks. Water has been crystal clear until I cranked up the heat 2 weekends ago and my FC dropped. This was before I got the TF-100 so I winged it with test strip testing, threw in 4 jugs of bleach and things seem to be ok as the water is Crystal again.

With so many years not caring for the pool Iím defiantly a newbie & some feedback on my numbers from some of you Aqua Jediís would be helpful
    Thanks

Friday Today

FC 2 - 6
    C drop 1.5 - 0
    TC 3.5 - 6
    PH 7.2 - 7.5
    TA 50 - 110
    CYA 20 - 45
    CH 100 - 350-(2 bags of Dow Flakes, was 0 when we first filled the pool)
    IG Tear Drop, Dark Gray Gunite , 27,000 gallons -Age 50+-years, very old Hayward Split Egg Sand Filter with side mount Multi-port- Hayward SP2600VSP Pump- Hayward chlorine feed (not used since finding TFP) - Laars 315K BTU Oil heater- LoopLoc Safety cover- AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir- 390 Gal Hot Springs Spa Envoy installed May 2017

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need some of you Aqua masters to review my numbers?

Your current numbers look good

You should think about stopping use of the puck feeder. Pucks add CYA, and your CYA level is just about high enough.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Ditch the pucks...CYA is high enough as it is. (They don't go bad...save them for vacation or if you need a CYA touch up)

Other than that looks pretty good to me. I'd swim in it
    25000 gal in ground plaster. '79 vintage. Cartridge filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

Jason,
    Thanks for the feedback,
    I'm almost done with the bucket of pucks i bought, after they're gone I'll be straight bleach Jugging it
    BTW, can you delete the second copy of this post?
    IG Tear Drop, Dark Gray Gunite , 27,000 gallons -Age 50+-years, very old Hayward Split Egg Sand Filter with side mount Multi-port- Hayward SP2600VSP Pump- Hayward chlorine feed (not used since finding TFP) - Laars 315K BTU Oil heater- LoopLoc Safety cover- AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir- 390 Gal Hot Springs Spa Envoy installed May 2017

5. Back To Top    #5

You can save the pucks for vacations

- - - Updated - - -

btw, that is a large pool to hand dose, a/k/a 'jugging it'. Have you looked into an automated system, like a stenner pump or SWG?
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Vacation? Whats a Vacation?

OK, ill save the Puck's for my next Biz trip