Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: extension cord for aquarite chlorinator

1. Back To Top    #1

extension cord for aquarite chlorinator

I need to have a longer cord from my Turbocell to Hayward Aquarite controller. The connection on the cord is a 10 pin female type that I cannot identify. Anyone here have any ideas on this - I need to create an extension cord of about 10 feet. I would like to directly wire the cell to a newly added pro logic automation system so that I can schedule super-chlorination. Unfortunately installed the new unit without consideration of adding the Aquarite unit. Thanks in advance.

4ke807.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: extension cord for aquarite chlorinator

Why do you want to schedule super chlorinate? That really puts a lot of stress and wear and tear on the cell. And all it gives you is 100% output on the cell, for 24 hrs at a time. It might still not be enough. If you need to boost, it's much better to just manually add some 8.25% bleach or something similar...

Anyway, that wasn't your question. I'm 99% sure that plug is a Hayward proprietary plug. You may need to call them to ask if they have an extension. I've found their customer service to be very helpful and quick to answer.
    24'x40' 25k gal Imperial Mountain Pond IGP, full 28 mil VynAll Ocean Breakers liner. All Hayward system: 140k BTU HeatPro heat pump, 3/4HP single speed TriStar 2" Pump, DE6020 filter, AquaPlus Automation/Salt Chlorination, remote controls, ColorLogic 4.0 lighting. Polaris 280 w/PB4-60 BP. TF100 & K1766 test kits. Rinox Palazzo pavers and Spherik coping. Pool installed 9/2013, project completed 6/16/14.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for quick reply - sometimes travel takes me away and no one is around... thought if I could schedule the chlorination I would stand a better chance of coming home to a clear pool.

I suspected the plug might be unique - I am waiting to hear back from Hayward. If I read the manual correctly there is a way to jumper between the Prologic and the Aquarite controller but I was hoping to eliminate the wall mounted Aquarite controller completely.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Have you tried calling Hayward to see if they have such a thing ?? https://www.hayward-pool.com/webapp/..._RES-ContactUs
    I looked up the manual and parts and didn't see anything but you never know. https://www.hayward-pool.com/prd/In-...01_14006_I.htm

If you're handy you could always open the insulation jacket and cut and splice an extension into the existing cable
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

I have some catalogs at work that may show what it is, I will try to take a look when I am there this afternoon, but I am not sure I will have a chance as I am getting ready to leave on vacation in about 5 hours.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

6. Back To Top    #6

It is hard to tell without seeing the scale, but I think you have a Molex brand Mini or Mini-Fit series connector of come type, you might try looking up the pin shape pattern at Molex.com , you can order small quantities of most of these from Mouser.com
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks very much for that link to Molex. Hayward responded that the cable is proprietary and could offer no help.