Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: We're getting there...

1. Back To Top    #1

We're getting there...

A little while back I was reporting "Beautiful Blue water... but not clear". I have been adding DE to my filter, as per the recommendation of Great Canadian, and I am V-E-R-Y S-L-O-W-L-Y getting there, but I can finally see the bottom of the pool! Last night when I backwashed the filter, I saw all kinds of creamy, yellowish pasty stuff come out, and I think it may be a LOT of pollen and dust type stuff. Filter has been running nonstop for over a month now (can't wait to get that electric bill ) and I am happy to finally see the bottom of my pool!

Thanks for your help! This forum is great!
    Hayward S180T Sand Filter
    15 X 30 Above Ground Pool (10,600 Gallons)

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: We're getting there...

Isn't progress great????............most likely pollen.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: We're getting there...

Some more questions... pretty please? Water is looking much better, but I stumbled on a problem this morning. I was going to vacuum, actually being able to see the bottom of the pool, and must have had air in my line. Filter pressure dropped way down, stopped sucking water in and returning as well. At any rate, I left it to regenerate pressure and dirty water started pumping back into the pool. So... is something wrong with the filter, or should I have done something differently? The pool is getting more and more clear every day, so I'm seeing results, just not sure what to think after what I saw. Any help appreciated- thanks a bunch!
    Hayward S180T Sand Filter
    15 X 30 Above Ground Pool (10,600 Gallons)