Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: need help finding a replacement skimmer in older above ground pool

1. Back To Top    #1

need help finding a replacement skimmer in older above ground pool

Hi,
    We have an older soft sided above ground pool that needs a new skimmer. It seems to be peeling away. It is a half moon shape that has a hole that you put the vacuum adapter through. It is screwed into the inside wall of the pool. When I looked for a new one they all seem to be on the outside wall of the pool. I tried to find one a couple of years ago and was told they don't make them anymore and there was no alternative. I let it go but I have to find an alternative. It is not only peeling but is dirty and maybe affecting the pool chemistry. I went back to the pool store and they said they found one that will work. I ordered it and just got it. It is nothing like the one we have and will require more plumbing and will take up a lot of room inside the pool. If I have to plumb it could I just do some kind of plumbing to install one on the outside of the pool? I will try to attach pictures as it might be easier to see what I'm talking about. Thanks for your help, I am really desperate.

IMG_1094[1].JPGIMG_1095[2].jpgIMG_1088[1].JPG
    10700 gallon above ground vinyl pool
    1.5 hayward pump
    w, sand dollar sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: need help finding a replacement skimmer in older above ground pool

Best bet would be the Hayward Skimmer. Since you would need to replumb anyway, this will work quite well for you.

Search the forums for how many of us have done the actual install.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.