Inteliflo VS or I1 for smaller plumbing?

Jul 6, 2014
PINOLE,CA
Hi noob here:cyclops:

I have been shopping around for a VS pump and doing some research for a few weeks now and
one of the dealers told me I should go with a inteliflo I1 model because of my smaller piping.
Then other dealers told me the regular inteliflo VS would be fine for my system:silent:

My pool is approximately 17K gallons with 7 solar panels on a single story rooftop, a 400sf filter and a Polaris booster pump for the cleaner.
The plumbing is 1 1/2" on the skimmer and return but is enlarged to a 2" to connect to the suction of my current 1hp filter pump and 2" pvc run to my solar and back down before it is reduced back down to 1 1/2" going to the return.
Should I believe the dealer that says I1 because he knows what he's doing? Or is he wrong and the only benefits of the I1 is for areas(counties) that are restricted by flow due to regulations?

Any comments and suggestions are will appreciated in advance!

Thanks

Welcome to TFP!

Those 2 pumps are almost the same. The i1 is just speed limited and I think has a smaller impeller. You could use either.

There are smaller VS pumps on the market now as well that are cheaper although a little limited in automation.

Do you have a solar controller? A smaller 2 speed pump may make more sense from a cost perspective.

Welcome to TFP!

Those 2 pumps are almost the same. The i1 is just speed limited and I think has a smaller impeller. You could use either.

There are smaller VS pumps on the market now as well that are cheaper although a little limited in automation.

Do you have a solar controller? A smaller 2 speed pump may make more sense from a cost perspective.

Yes, I have the Suntouch controller that is why I'm leaning on the Inteliflo VS since it can control it by the RS-485 cable.
I don't mind the initial cost investment as our electricity rate is high here in CA.

Thanks for the reply jblizzle!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.