Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: leveling ground for intex ultra 18' X48 AGP

1. Back To Top    #1

leveling ground for intex ultra 18' X48 AGP

Help! I have read posts on how to level the ground for installing above ground pools. I wanted to use the 2X6 10ft board attached in the center of the pool area. My husband hammered stakes around the area and stretched a string with a small level on it around from 1 stake to each of the others. he hammered the stakes to make them level with the 1st one. After he had them all "level" he stretched string back around them and measured with a yard stick the distance between the ground and the string at different places across to be sure they were within 1" difference. Is this procedure ok to use? I question if there are still some uneven spots in the area. Any feedback/advice would be appreciated. We have the sand coming tomorrow so want to be sure it's right before we go ahead with putting it down.
    Thanks,
    sgray

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: leveling ground for intex ultra 18' X48 AGP

Well a string line and a string level will work but are you talking about using just sand to level the pool and not digging down the high places?

I tried that one time years ago with at 16 x 48 intex and it just didn't work out.
    8 year old Intex 16 x 48 metal frame - Intex 1600 Pump with 14" sand filter - Intex Old Style SWG (ladder broke and poked huge hole in the side)

New 18 x 48 Ultra frame Intex - Intex 2650 pump with sand filter - Intex Old Style SWG

3. Back To Top    #3

No, we dug the sod up and leveled out by eye as best we could. Then used a big tamper to compact the dirt and then used string and level.

4. Back To Top    #4

You can not go by eye as eyes are deceiving and can not pin point level unless you have a super power. I've installed 4 above ground pools in my life and I've used a level on every single one of them! If you removed sod and exposed the virgin soil, there is no reason to tamp solid ground unless you added dirt. If you added dirt, you must remove it and go from *solid* ground.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter