Best source for plumbing for an equipment pad?

May 24, 2013
So, what is a good, economical source for pool plumbing?

I need PVC/CPVC elbows, reducers, unions, valves, etc... In both CPVC (for the heater connection) and PVC (for everywhere else)...

Local big-box stores don't carry a whole ton of 2" stuff in stock, most of it is "special order", and that that point I might as well just try to find the best price online, which is what this thread is about. Local pool supply places are *NUTS* on simple unions, let alone valves, so they are out unless I have an emergency and need something on the quick, then the premium is worthwhile.

I am on a really tight budget, not because I am cheap, just because of the scope of what we have going on. I got great deals on the equipment (for example a 1.5hp Pentair Dynamo 2-speed pump, brand new for $160 shipped, or a new Laars LG250P heater for $280) which made a lot of this possible, I just can't have the plumbing kill getting things completed.

Any and all referrals are appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
For <= 2" pipes and fittings I have found nearly everything at Lowes and/or HD. What are you having difficulty finding?

For Jandy valves and other specialty items, online is probably the most economic.

For 2 1/2" pipe and fittings, I usually go to a local irrigation store.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.