Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best source for plumbing for an equipment pad?

1. Back To Top    #1

Best source for plumbing for an equipment pad?

So, what is a good, economical source for pool plumbing?

I need PVC/CPVC elbows, reducers, unions, valves, etc... In both CPVC (for the heater connection) and PVC (for everywhere else)...

Local big-box stores don't carry a whole ton of 2" stuff in stock, most of it is "special order", and that that point I might as well just try to find the best price online, which is what this thread is about. Local pool supply places are *NUTS* on simple unions, let alone valves, so they are out unless I have an emergency and need something on the quick, then the premium is worthwhile.

I am on a really tight budget, not because I am cheap, just because of the scope of what we have going on. I got great deals on the equipment (for example a 1.5hp Pentair Dynamo 2-speed pump, brand new for $160 shipped, or a new Laars LG250P heater for $280) which made a lot of this possible, I just can't have the plumbing kill getting things completed.

Any and all referrals are appreciated.
    Last edited by JasonLion; 07-10-2014 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Politeness

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Best source for plumbing for an equipment pad?

For <= 2" pipes and fittings I have found nearly everything at Lowes and/or HD. What are you having difficulty finding?

For Jandy valves and other specialty items, online is probably the most economic.

For 2 1/2" pipe and fittings, I usually go to a local irrigation store.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Best source for plumbing for an equipment pad?

I bought all my 2" at Lowes. You can see prices online. Mine was PVC. I'm not sure what their CPVC stock is like.

14k gal IG vinyl, Jandy Flopro 1 hp up-rated, 2 spd pump, Hayward 325 sq ft cartridge filter, Circupool Si-40 SWCG