Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best source for plumbing for an equipment pad?

1. Back To Top    #1

Best source for plumbing for an equipment pad?

So, what is a good, economical source for pool plumbing?

I need PVC/CPVC elbows, reducers, unions, valves, etc... In both CPVC (for the heater connection) and PVC (for everywhere else)...

Local big-box stores don't carry a whole ton of 2" stuff in stock, most of it is "special order", and that that point I might as well just try to find the best price online, which is what this thread is about. Local pool supply places are *NUTS* on simple unions, let alone valves, so they are out unless I have an emergency and need something on the quick, then the premium is worthwhile.

I am on a really tight budget, not because I am cheap, just because of the scope of what we have going on. I got great deals on the equipment (for example a 1.5hp Pentair Dynamo 2-speed pump, brand new for $160 shipped, or a new Laars LG250P heater for $280) which made a lot of this possible, I just can't have the plumbing kill getting things completed.

Any and all referrals are appreciated.
    Last edited by JasonLion; 07-10-2014 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Politeness

2. Back To Top    #2
    Pleasanton, CA

Re: Best source for plumbing for an equipment pad?

For <= 2" pipes and fittings I have found nearly everything at Lowes and/or HD. What are you having difficulty finding?

For Jandy valves and other specialty items, online is probably the most economic.

For 2 1/2" pipe and fittings, I usually go to a local irrigation store.
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tulsa, OK

Re: Best source for plumbing for an equipment pad?

I bought all my 2" at Lowes. You can see prices online. Mine was PVC. I'm not sure what their CPVC stock is like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    14k gal IG vinyl, Jandy Flopro 1 hp up-rated, 2 spd pump, Hayward 325 sq ft cartridge filter, Circupool Si-40 SWCG