HELP with skimmer and main drain

Most likely it is still drawing water from the drains even when the skimmer is open, just not enough for it to be obvious. Modern anti-entrapment drains can move quite a bit of water without there being any obvious water movement.

What do you mean, plug up the skimmer? Stick a tennis ball in the port? Set a bowl upside down inside? Explain.

If you have two holes in the bottom of the skimmer, one goes to the drain and there should be a diverter of some sort to balance the flow. Mine was missing, so I had zero flow through the drain until I bought one. Got anything that looks like these:
joenj-SkimmerDrainDiverter.jpg
lovingHDTV-SkimmerDiverter.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
valves.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I know have the left side off for it just drains the spa. Nothing comes from the drains from that side. I have swam down and put dye out very slowly and there is no suction. A friend said that the drains started sucking when I plugged up the strainer basket and limited the flow. So how is that possible with the other hole sealed off or what seems to be anyways? It feels like I hit concrete.

- - - Updated - - -

now*

Ill go out and get in the pool in a few and check to make sure. But it could be a 90 degree. Heck it has to be something...lol because who would put in a pool with drains and not have them plumbed in? I be back within the next hr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.