not opening pool ??,s

Jul 7, 2014
kamloops bc
So I will not be opening the pool this summer! It was put to bed last Sept. with clear balanced water, with non chlorine shock, sequestion agent and algecide. It is covered with a black tarp. Usually opens up with clear water. However I'm worried about leaveing it now till next summer. It will see some very hot weather!! Should I be trying to add something to water?? or will the lack of light keep the alge at bay??
Marc

Kinda what I figured :>((, I was thinking about uncovering a corner and adding chem. but will have trouble mixing properly, so will leave it be and deal with it next summer. I'm just hopeing it does not permantly stain my liner! Clearing up a green pool is not the end of the world for me. Unless someone with experience warns not to?
Marc

Kinda what I figured :>((, I was thinking about uncovering a corner and adding chem. but will have trouble mixing properly, so will leave it be and deal with it next summer. I'm just hopeing it does not permantly stain my liner! Clearing up a green pool is not the end of the world for me. Unless someone with experience warns not to?
Marc

Drop a small sump pump down in there with your chemical additions with the hose returning the water back immediately in to the pool and let it mix up that way.

I used a sump/utility pump over the winter to add chlorine and mix it up. I have the pump in a bucket rigged up with rope, a weight, and piping on the pump to pull water from the bottom and to put it on top (turnover). Worked great for me. When you unplug the pump leave it in the water for about 30min because the pump will get blazing hot if removed imediately. I got mine off craigslist but Lowes carries them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.