Jet changed position

Thanks for the reply! I haven't noticed anything different about the pressure of the water into the pool, but I just replaced the hose from the pump to the filter and the hose expanded by at least18 inches when I turned the pump on. It was a high pressure hose and can expand a little, but it stretched from 3 feet to almost 5! Could that be related? Thanks again!

The pressure gauge broke a couple of years ago and I never replaced it. When it worked it stayed fogged up a lot so it was hard to see. I have been just feeling the water coming out of the jet to determine when to backwash. Should I replace the gauge?

I changed the hose because it had developed a hole (had it for less than a year). The first replacement hose I put on also expanded like the current one by about two feet and blew off a few hours later. The pool drained a bit quite rapidly (the pump was running and I have a bottom drain). I think that was installer error (the clamps were a bit rusty so I may not have tightened it good enough and didn't have any other clamps around). Bought new clamps this time! I wonder if the jet turned when this happened and I just didn't realize it until now. I stick my hand down to test for pressure but am usually looking elsewhere (it's a snake filled jungle out there!) and a heavy rain had the pool overflowing so the skimmer had an excuse to not get the bugs off the top of the water. I could have missed exactly when it got turned.

I tried to turn the jet back facing the right way and couldn't budge it. I have got to figure it out. Thanks for helping me!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.