Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jet changed position

1. Back To Top    #1

Jet changed position

For unknown reasons my jet is now facing a different direction. How could this happen? No one touched it. Thanks!
    24' Seaspray Evolution CLX Above Ground Pool (~13600 gallons)
    Pentair Sand Dollar SD60 / 22.5" filter / Maximum Flow Rate 60 GPM
    Pentair Dynamo Pump 1 1/2 HP

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jet changed position

The force of the water may have acted upon the jet, maybe the fitting vibrated loose.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the reply! I haven't noticed anything different about the pressure of the water into the pool, but I just replaced the hose from the pump to the filter and the hose expanded by at least18 inches when I turned the pump on. It was a high pressure hose and can expand a little, but it stretched from 3 feet to almost 5! Could that be related? Thanks again!

4. Back To Top    #4

What's the pressure? You may want bigger eyelets on your jets.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

5. Back To Top    #5

The pressure gauge broke a couple of years ago and I never replaced it. When it worked it stayed fogged up a lot so it was hard to see. I have been just feeling the water coming out of the jet to determine when to backwash. Should I replace the gauge?

I changed the hose because it had developed a hole (had it for less than a year). The first replacement hose I put on also expanded like the current one by about two feet and blew off a few hours later. The pool drained a bit quite rapidly (the pump was running and I have a bottom drain). I think that was installer error (the clamps were a bit rusty so I may not have tightened it good enough and didn't have any other clamps around). Bought new clamps this time! I wonder if the jet turned when this happened and I just didn't realize it until now. I stick my hand down to test for pressure but am usually looking elsewhere (it's a snake filled jungle out there!) and a heavy rain had the pool overflowing so the skimmer had an excuse to not get the bugs off the top of the water. I could have missed exactly when it got turned.

I tried to turn the jet back facing the right way and couldn't budge it. I have got to figure it out. Thanks for helping me!

6. Back To Top    #6

Yeah, It's kinda important to have an operating gauge. Don't bother with one from the pool store or big box store, get a liquid filled one. They're well worth the extra money. When do you normally clean the filter?

Get a liquid filled one from here: http://tftestkits.net/Flow-Meters-and-psi-Gauges-c12/