Suction problems when cleaning with hose & brush

Aug 2, 2013
Only had the pool 12 months and only used it a few times as its at our holiday home. The pool installers didn't give us much information, they simply took the money and ran.

I have a salt water pool with skimmers. More recently the pool suction when cleaning the pool has got noticeably worse, to the point is doesn't hoover any dirt from the bottom of the pool through the hose. I know there a probably many things that could contribute to this, but the obvious things like the filter is empty and clean.

Has anyone experienced these type of issues ?

If it can't be resolved im wondering what alternatives I could use like a robot, but not sure if these robots use the same suction system, or have one of their own.

thanks,;)

What are your clean and dirty pressures normally?

If your filter is dirty, your suction pressures will be low. If the flows are low with a manual vacuum, they will be even lower with a robot.

Resolve any vacuum/pressure issues before adding a robot or any other automated vacuum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.