Add 3/4 hp pump for Solar Heating??? Help

Hi there. I'm new to TFP but loving the wealth of information and sharing. I have recently installed 28 1'x10' Enersol solar panels for my 16x30 kidney IG pool. I use a 1hp single speed pump and assumed it should be strong enough to push the water about 50' away and up 20' and back but the jets are just trickling. I still have my older 3/4 hp Hayward pump and wondered if I could install it at the start of the solar line…perhaps with a ball valve to restrict the flow. Any thoughts? Unfortunately I do not have the technical expertise to measure gpm etc.

Thanks,
Steve

I run my panels that are on a two story house with a 1/2 HP pump so pump size is not the issue.

I would look at how you installed them for any problems or issues.

Hopefully you installed the panels in parallel and not in series which would drastically reduce your flow rate.

Also, what size pipe did you use and did you make sure all the check valves are installed correctly?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.