Stenner - Tubing connection at drum

I have a new stenner pump on order. Installation looks straightforward enough but I'm curious how people have been connecting to their drum. My tank and pump will be in my pool shed so i figure I want it sealed, but then I'll need an air valve to let air in... Am I over thinking this? What are others doing?

Tank will be 15 gallon carboy from uline

Last edited:
I over-engineered my connection and I knew it when I went to home depot for plumbing fittings. I used the same tank. The smaller opening in the tank is compatible with 3/4" PVC pipe thread. I installed a stem on that threaded connection that went up to a T. I capped off the top of the T and drilled a hole for the Stenner supply tube. Off of the side I plumbed in a check valve that would allow air to replace the chlorine as it was pumped into the pool and keep the off gassing to a minimum. I haven't plumbed the return line back into supply tank. I'll do that after I redo the equipment pad this fall.

See the photo here: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/78492-My-Stenner-Install?p=673246&viewfull=1#post673246

I over-engineered my connection and I knew it when I went to home depot for plumbing fittings. I used the same tank. The smaller opening in the tank is compatible with 3/4" PVC pipe thread. I installed a stem on that threaded connection that went up to a T. I capped off the top of the T and drilled a hole for the Stenner supply tube. Off of the side I plumbed in a check valve that would allow air to replace the chlorine as it was pumped into the pool and keep the off gassing to a minimum. I haven't plumbed the return line back into supply tank. I'll do that after I redo the equipment pad this fall.

See the photo here: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/78492-My-Stenner-Install?p=673246&viewfull=1#post673246

Very nice. This is the type of thing I was curious about. Looks like an easy retrofit if I find the smell a problem in my pool shed. Thanks!

I just made my hole for the tubing a little loose and just to be sure I drilled a extra small hole (one of the fine wire sized bits in my kit). My pool equipment is under the house, so leakage/smell is a concern to me. So far no smell what so ever.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.