Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stenner - Tubing connection at drum

1. Back To Top    #1

Stenner - Tubing connection at drum

I have a new stenner pump on order. Installation looks straightforward enough but I'm curious how people have been connecting to their drum. My tank and pump will be in my pool shed so i figure I want it sealed, but then I'll need an air valve to let air in... Am I over thinking this? What are others doing?

Tank will be 15 gallon carboy from uline
    Last edited by carveitup; 07-07-2014 at 02:06 PM. Reason: stupid auto correct
    16' wide ~20,000gal IG vinyl lazy L shape pool circa 2002, 1hp Hayward Super Pump, Hayward S244T sand filter, Hayward H250ED2 gas heater, Hayward eVac Pro robot, Stenner pump for chlorine, TF-100 test kit
    2008 Gulf Coast 864 LEi hot tub

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stenner - Tubing connection at drum

I drilled the hole so the tubing would fit loosely in the cap and it gets plenty air.
    Screen enclosed 17K gal 16x30 IG with Diamond Brite finish, elevated 4 jet spa with spill over, Twin dolphin fountain, Hayward Ecostar pump[ Pentair intelliflo VS, Filter Sta rite Posi-Flo PTM 100, Aqua Cal heat pump, Tiger Shark QC robotic cleaner.
    Stenner peristaltic pump model 45MPHP10, 15 gal storage tank. TF 100 with Speed Stir.

3. Back To Top    #3

drilled hole loose fit for intake in the cap. Just drilled another in the tank loose fit for the stenner leak return. Doesn't need to be air tight.
    1987 16k gallons IG, Marbletire Marquis, ,Pentair superflo 1hp, Hayward s244t, Chlorine (working on stenner setup)

4. Back To Top    #4

I over-engineered my connection and I knew it when I went to home depot for plumbing fittings. I used the same tank. The smaller opening in the tank is compatible with 3/4" PVC pipe thread. I installed a stem on that threaded connection that went up to a T. I capped off the top of the T and drilled a hole for the Stenner supply tube. Off of the side I plumbed in a check valve that would allow air to replace the chlorine as it was pumped into the pool and keep the off gassing to a minimum. I haven't plumbed the return line back into supply tank. I'll do that after I redo the equipment pad this fall.

See the photo here: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...l=1#post673246

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by smccray View Post
    I over-engineered my connection and I knew it when I went to home depot for plumbing fittings. I used the same tank. The smaller opening in the tank is compatible with 3/4" PVC pipe thread. I installed a stem on that threaded connection that went up to a T. I capped off the top of the T and drilled a hole for the Stenner supply tube. Off of the side I plumbed in a check valve that would allow air to replace the chlorine as it was pumped into the pool and keep the off gassing to a minimum. I haven't plumbed the return line back into supply tank. I'll do that after I redo the equipment pad this fall.

See the photo here: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...l=1#post673246
    Very nice. This is the type of thing I was curious about. Looks like an easy retrofit if I find the smell a problem in my pool shed. Thanks!
    16' wide ~20,000gal IG vinyl lazy L shape pool circa 2002, 1hp Hayward Super Pump, Hayward S244T sand filter, Hayward H250ED2 gas heater, Hayward eVac Pro robot, Stenner pump for chlorine, TF-100 test kit
    2008 Gulf Coast 864 LEi hot tub

6. Back To Top    #6

I just made my hole for the tubing a little loose and just to be sure I drilled a extra small hole (one of the fine wire sized bits in my kit). My pool equipment is under the house, so leakage/smell is a concern to me. So far no smell what so ever.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon