Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any way to bring water temps back down?

1. Back To Top    #1

Any way to bring water temps back down?

My water temperatures have climbed into the 90s and it's too warm to really enjoy the pool. Is there any way to bring the temperature back down?
    10,500 gal inground pool with vinyl liner. sand filter, TF100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Any way to bring water temps back down?

Quote Originally Posted by Granny View Post
    My water temperatures have climbed into the 90s and it's too warm to really enjoy the pool. Is there any way to bring the temperature back down?
    Aeration at night.

Basically set up a line from one of more returns that comes up out of the water and sprays the return water back into your pool. Kind of like a showerhead.
    30 year old, 17,000 gallon pool (w/spa), IG, Plaster, Pentair Triton II TR-100 600#Sand Filter, Pentair Superflo 340043 1.5 Hp pump

3. Back To Top    #3

You can make your own or buy a fountain head that connects to one of your pool returns. It sprays a fountain of water into the pool. My temp was at 94 last Friday. I ran it overnight as we had lows in the low 70's and by morning our water was at 84 degrees.

This is is a link to the one I bought at a local pool store. Keep an eye on your PH as it will rise from all the aeration.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flower-Fount...-/140734677913
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

4. Back To Top    #4

To give good advice we really need you to fill in your location in your profile: http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...etting-started as effectiveness of various cooling techniques will partly depend on your climate
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks you two, I appreciate it.
    10,500 gal inground pool with vinyl liner. sand filter, TF100 test kit.

6. Back To Top    #6

Where I live that's one thing I will never have to worry about!! But my heater has a chilling feature. Go figure.
    13'x22'x52" 8,000 gallon ProSeries Pool with Borates
    Intex 110 pound Sand Filter with Zeobrite, 2650 gph pump, 0.95 hp
    Bestway SWG
    AquaPro ECO500 50,000 BTU heat pump
    GLI Whirlwind Solar Cover Reel, TF-100 Test Kit