1.5 weeks since I filled the pool...how am I doing?

Here are the results from the initial fill of the pool back on 6/27:

6/27/14
FC = 5.0
CC = .5
TC = 5.5
CH = 125
TA = 50
CYA = 25
PH = 8.2
Water Temp: 72 degrees

Since initial fill, I have checked FC at least 1 time daily, and usually 2-3 times. I have figured out that the pool loses 3-4ppm FC each day. My target has been 8, and it has tested 4-5ppm each evening. I am adding about 77oz of 8.25% each day. I have noticed it using incrementally less chlorine as my CYA has been slowly brought up to 40.

I have also been checking my PH at least every other day, and it has been dropping since the day I filled the pool. It started at 8.2 at fill day, then dropped to 7.5 after a few days, and now it's down to 7.2. Looks like it is time for me to add Borax to get the PH back up 7.5? What could cause PH to drop a full point in 9 days?

6/6/14 full results:
Ph = 7.2
FC = 4.5 - added the usual 77oz of bleach and got this back to 8.5 last night
CC = 0
CH = 125
TA = 40
CYA = 40
Water temp: 78 deg

So it looks like my Ph and my TA both need to increased. I know they are somewhat related. What's my best course of action? Adding both Borax for PH, and Baking Soda for TA? Or first one and then the other at a later time? I have tried to do some research on this here, but the words "low" and "ph" are both too short for the search tool.:rolleyes: :D

Also, looking at recommended levels, should I continue to slowly raise my CYA to 50?

Thanks, and I used HTH Stabilizer/Conditioner to raise CYA. I will not use Trichlor pucks as I want to manage FC and CYA separately.
Well then.... since the easy answer isn't it, what about the fill water? Have you had a whole lot of rain? Do you have really soft water? It might be worthwhile to test the fill water coming out the hose.

I will run some tests on our hose/tap water tonight. Shouldn't it be similar to the results I got on 6/27, the day after I filled the pool? The PH started off on the high end of the scale at 8.2. Now it is in danger of dropping off the low end of the scale. I assume PH will eventually stabilize as I get my TA up to the recommended 70-90+ ppm. Or maybe it won't. Ha. For now it seems like I need to concentrate on not letting the PH drop any lower than the 7.2 from yesterday.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.