Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TF-100, Amazon?

1. Back To Top    #1

TF-100, Amazon?

Has anyone ever seen the TF-100 on Amazon? When I type it in it reroutes me to the K-2006. Or does everyone just get the 100 through the http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html site?
    Upstate, NY, Direct Sunlight, Above Ground (18'x 33' x 4'), Oval 15700 gallons, Vinyl; Hayward S180T sand filter; 1 HP motor; TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TF-100, Amazon?

You got it. There's also a pool supply in California that means faster shipping in the west coast, but that's it.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

If you go for the TF-100 from TFTestkits I'd strongly recommend the speedstir available from them also. Once you've used it a couple times you don't know how you got along without it. If you go with the Taylor K-2006 kit off Ebay or some place local you can still get the speedstir from TFTestkits or on Ebay. The speedstir just makes your life easier and the test more accurate.

Watch it work -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_EJ...9Y_YYNAeLtUr1g

http://www.hottubwarehouse.com/Taylo...265-p/9265.htm
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...at=0&_from=R40
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Just a bit of praise for Tftestkits. I ordered a TF 100 from them and it was delivered in 1 day. The instruction card was missing, and I emailed them about it. I got a response very quickly asking me to look at my paperwork, but since I got none, I couldn't help them. The rep from Tftestkits was on email with me until after 11:00 pm trying to figure out if I got everything and was as professional and courteous as any company I have ever dealt with. How many companies would be on email until after 11:00 with a customer??? They sent me the paperwork the next day.

Strongly recommend them. Great product and great customer service, and they are in North Carolina not Bangladesh.
    16 x 32 17500 gallons
    Vinyl in-ground
    Hayward 250# Sand Filter
    1 HP Pump
    Hayward SWG

5. Back To Top    #5

I don't understand why people order from Amazon. This site is so helpful to so many people that to try and save five or ten dollars and buy it somewhere else just seems petty to me.

Be loyal and support the people who run this board so we continue to have this valuable asset .... and a sparkly clean pool I have saved money but more importantly learned a ton ... and i have solved two major issues myself that would have cost me several hundred dollars because i was able to ask questions and get knowledgable answers.

You won't find that on Amazon.

I know Dave says he doesn't care but i am guessing when it comes right down to it he would prefer people to buy from him versus Amazon.
    21,000 gallon inground
    Haywood Sand Filter
    Vinyl Liner

6. Back To Top    #6

When I order from Dave, I know I'm getting fresh reagents. That's a big plus for me. From Amazon I wouldn't be so confident.
    13'x22'x52" 8,000 gallon ProSeries Pool with Borates
    Intex 110 pound Sand Filter with Zeobrite, 2650 gph pump, 0.95 hp
    Bestway SWG
    AquaPro ECO500 50,000 BTU heat pump
    GLI Whirlwind Solar Cover Reel, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by ship of fools View Post
    I don't understand why people order from Amazon. This site is so helpful to so many people that to try and save five or ten dollars and buy it somewhere else just seems petty to me.

Be loyal and support the people who run this board so we continue to have this valuable asset .... and a sparkly clean pool I have saved money but more importantly learned a ton ... and i have solved two major issues myself that would have cost me several hundred dollars because i was able to ask questions and get knowledgable answers.

You won't find that on Amazon.

I know Dave says he doesn't care but i am guessing when it comes right down to it he would prefer people to buy from him versus Amazon.
    I had no clue this site was affiliated in any way with TF TestKits when I posted the OP. I'm sure many new to the forum are the same way. Now that I know Im glad I did order through them.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy24 View Post
    I had no clue this site was affiliated in any way with TF TestKits when I posted the OP. I'm sure many new to the forum are the same way. Now that I know Im glad I did order through them.
    21,000 gallon inground
    Haywood Sand Filter
    Vinyl Liner

9. Back To Top    #9

I just noticed your location ... where are you?? Albany here.
    21,000 gallon inground
    Haywood Sand Filter
    Vinyl Liner

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by ship of fools View Post
    I just noticed your location ... where are you?? Albany here.
    I'll send a PM
    Upstate, NY, Direct Sunlight, Above Ground (18'x 33' x 4'), Oval 15700 gallons, Vinyl; Hayward S180T sand filter; 1 HP motor; TF-100

11. Back To Top    #11

Please put your city and state in your profile. Location matters for the advice we give.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry