Updated Test results

FC - 5
CC - .5
PH - 7.2
TA - 125
CH - 525
CYA - 80
Salt - 1400

I immediately added a gallon of 10% liguid chlorine in order to bring the FC up the higher level as demonstrated in PoolMath. I still have some stubborn small areas of what appears to be black algae and am scrubbing those daily. Everything else looks good water wise. Any suggestions from the gurus?

Another quick question - The CH is higher than after the partial refill. Could that be due to plaster debris caused by scrubbing the black algae spots? When I did the test there had been no refill at all except for maybe a 1/2" of rain refill. Presently I have lost about 5" since the water swap due to splashout and evaporation. Would CH raise that much by the water loss or is it the Plaster from scrubbing?

Update - constant testing nightly. Avg loss per 24 hour period appears to be about 2-3 ppm. The last 2 days have been above 115 so I think not too bad. The pool is in the sun from about 6 am to 6 pm daily. I add approx. 1.5 quart daily (2-3 gallons a week) of 10% liquid chlorine. PH tends to creep upwards because I run the aerator with the pump which is running approx. 12 hours/day during the summer. Haven't tested CYA lately but the last reading was at 90 - eyes are going bad so it could be 80 but that is the range.

FC - 10
CC - 0-.5
PH - 7.4
TA - 125
CH - 525
CYA - 80-90

I believe I am in official maintenance mode for the rest of the Summer. The water looks great.

Thanks to Smeade, DoDarville, Bridgman, YippeeSkippy, and Joegus for the assistance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.