Need help with what equipment needed for a new pool

mommark

Silver Supporter
May 29, 2014
Midland, MI
So my family may be looking into upgrading our 18' intex pool to a Sharkline Venture. The 27' x 54", I looked on pool supply world and I am confused about all the additional items. Such as the pump, foam for the sides,etc.
Any help would be great. As we are still very new to pools.

The differences between the Intex and the Sharkline are less than you fear.

In addition to the "Pool" (walls, liner, uprights)

NEEDS:
pump
filter
return
skimmer
ladder
Pavers for under risers
tractor to make a level area at least 12 inches bigger the walls foot print, no cut and fill allowed for leveling

Desirable add-ons:
1. foam wall cove (great value, time saver)
sand to level ground inside walls
floor pad
Weed block, if you have invasive weeds
light

Not Needed:
Wall foam (increases liner puncture risks, no appreciable difference in heat retention)

Thanks Techguy. What size sand filter and pump would work for a 27' x 54"? If we decide to take the plunge next year, we would definitely have it professionally leveled.
Also, what would be a great company and brand of pools to look into?

Most of the pools in the US are made my Asahi, Doughboy and Wilbar. Asahi are frequently sold under a stores name. Wilbar makes several brands and most are pretty good brands. Sharkline is one of the brands, Aqualeader is another. My pool is an AquaLeader and I had pretty good success getting some parts from the factory but you need to know what you need. They are not consumer friendly but seem to be very "dealer" friendly.

As to the filter and size, I am going to refer you to the Pool School. I have a DE filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.