My neighbors foreclosed pool

ian81

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 7, 2012
Jenison, MI
Pool Size
Thought I'd share this with you all! My neighbors house got foreclosed before winter last year, pool was neither winterized nor covered. Here it is present day.
5uhytuda.jpg

8u4ahygu.jpg

Check those vines out :(

Half tempted to swish around some bleach in there! The frogs that were peaceful at first are now an all night annoyance...
Will keep ya updated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk v.

When I moved to California and looked at several foreclosed properties I was surprised to find little fish in the abandoned pools. Apparently the "Mosquitofish" are distributed by the municipalities to keep mosquito populations down.

Wow the fish idea is brilliant. This is in Michigan and we had the most brutal winter ever surely the lines are cracked? I mean we were shoveling snow off our roofs this year.
I hear ya on the bleach fund!! Haha

Wow! What a mess. And I feel bad for you as I would be ticked off living near that cesspool

If it were me, not only would I call the bank that owns that property but the county as well and complain about the health hazard. I would have a lawyer draft and notarize a letter saying that if I or my family contract any mosquito born illness, there will be a lawsuit filed and a lien placed on the property for personal injury.

I'd be surprised if the bank replied but usually notarized letters threatening lawsuits and liens will get some attention.

Oh and when your new neighbor moves in, tell him about TFP :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it were me, not only would I call the bank that owns that property but the county as well and complain about the health hazard. I would have a lawyer draft and notarize a letter saying that if I or my family contract any mosquito born illness, there will be a lawsuit filed and a lien placed on the property for personal injury.

Not to play Devil's Advocate, but good luck proving a mosquito bite illness was caused by a mosquito from that pool location, specifically.

It's unfortunate, in this day, that lawsuits are a suggested measure at any/every juncture :(

Around here, the County Vector Control would be all over that pool since it could be a breeding ground for mosquitos. My father-in-law has an empty pool in the back yard, and someone pays a visit after every rain storm to ensure he pumped out the standing water.

I'd make a call or send an email to these folks: http://www.miottawa.org/health/ochd/WNV.htm

They might send someone out to drop those mosquito dunks or the fish into that pool. Or maybe lean on the bank to do it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not to play Devil's Advocate, but good luck proving a mosquito bite illness was caused by a mosquito from that pool location, specifically.

It's unfortunate, in this day, that lawsuits are a suggested measure at any/every juncture :(

Yeah, I know. But the threat of lawsuit is the "stick" in this scenario. A bank trying to offload a foreclosed property doesn't need the extra hassle of someone potentially filing a lien against the deed.

As well, it's entirely likely that the bank has no clue there's a pool there and so it's in their best interest to clean it up.

Could you imagine the poor schlep real estate agent stuck with trying to sell that house on a short sale?? Good grief.

Are those vines creeping into the pool from the fence or are they growing out of the pool to the fence.
They're growing from the fence, into the pool.

In my area, there is a pool that the town required to be cleaned:
10gcye0.jpg

2jcyc1g.jpg

ofddsh.jpg

That pool was black for years. It looks like they renovated most of the house, also. My neighbors' pools are clean (I've checked, on Google Earth). :D

The swamp thing is beyond hilarious! I will be sure to save that for a number of reasons... Lol! The mosquito things sound like a good idea, it's been cooler then usual so the Mosquitos aren't really that bad yet!
Last time I checked google earth took pics while our pools were closed so no deal on that one for me! Cool how you got all 3 stages of overhead pics

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.