CYA in stabilized granules

Nick

Jun 7, 2008
Bristol, UK
Hi chums,

I would like to ask for some help from the chemical gurus on the forum.

Unfortunately I cannot afford a proper testing kit at the moment but I would love to be able to work out what CYA level I have at the. My pool is about 7,000 US Gallons and so far has only been given one kilo of stabilized chlorine granules (bought before I found the site and the BBB advice)

According to the label on the Stabilized chlorine granules bottle it states that it contains Troclosene Sodium, dihydrate. Sodium Dichloisocyanurate, dihydrate EC No. 220-767-7

You could post that info in Klingon and it would make more sense to my limited chemistry comprehension.

So, the Q is, Can anybody help me work out how much potential CYA I have in my pool if I have added one kilo of the above?

I appreciate any assistance :)

billybrobob said:
Does th CYA in DiChlor dissolve faster than granular CYA?

Yes, dichlor dissolves reasonably quickly and the CYA becomes active immediately. You should see the final CYA level within an hour of adding dichlor.

Dichlor isn't usually the ideal way to add CYA because you don't always want the FC and it is very acidic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.