Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sand Filter Leaking at Flange - How Do I Fix?

1. Back To Top    #1

Youngstown, OH

Sand Filter Leaking at Flange - How Do I Fix?

I just got my pool installed Thursday.. My filter is leaking at the top where the clamp thing is where you screw down the two screws.. I wanted to remove it and re-seat but water starts flowing out.. I'm brand new when it comes to any of this so any help would be appreciated..

24' Round x 54" Bliss XL Above Ground Pool 14,090 gallons // Hayward S270T Pro Series 27-Inch 350lb Sand Filter // Hayward SP15922S Power-Flo Matrix Above-Ground Pump 2-Speed // Hayward H200FDN Natural Guess Heater // K-2006 Test Kit
    Youngstown, OH 44514

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Sand Filter Leaking at Flange - How Do I Fix?

First you need to block off the lines to and from the pool. If there are inline valves, close them. Then you just lose a little water. If there are no valves, you'll need to plug the holes some other way; winterizing plugs, rubber stoppers, ram a carrot in the opening, something.

Then undo the clamp and check the O-ring and make sure it's not cut or wrinkled and lubricate it with pool lube or silicpon grease and makes sure the seating surfaces are totally clean. Then reassemble it all.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!