Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: swg any good?

1. Back To Top    #1

nottingham , UK

swg any good?

Hi I have a 12' x 40" round agp. I am thinking of adding a swg as im fed up of constantly checking and adjusting chlorine levels. Are the intex ones any good as there only £115 (im in the UK)

Here is the one I found and will it stop me having to chlorinate?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: swg any good?

The Intex SWG units get good reviews. They are fairly basic compared to the high end choices, but they work and they are way less expensive.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Redmond, OR

Definitely follow the directions here for proper SWCG levels for your pool for the longest life of your unit, and the least headache.

Also, be sure to unplug the copper cell when you get your unit, as the copper it adds will eventually get too high and cause blonde hair to turn green, metal staining, and eventually green water.

Avoid the Intex SWCG with the built in ozone unit, it's a waste!
    Also, try to go with a stand alone SWCG unit, not the Intex units that have a pump and filter built in. Less to replace/repair when it breaks down due to age.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for reading... - Tony
    Da' Pool: Intex 15'x42" 3284gal AGP EasySet (Inflatable Ring) - (Summer 2014: 27' round EW /w 6.5' deep end @ 22,500gal)
    Pump & Cart Mod: 1000gph Cart. 5ft² - 2 nylons, 24/7 OP. Traps bugs/bits, lasts longer/cleans easier = Happier Pool Owner!!
    The Bible for a "Trouble Free Pool" life = PoolSchool, the BBB method a TF100 test kit(Recommend Kits Compared). - Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Water looks like GLASS, if yours doesn't...SLAM IT! Feels nice and never been happier!!! :D

4. Back To Top    #4
    Springfield Illinois

I use one of these

works great , I run it for 5 hours a day for now. Cheap and works. Maintaines my Fc at 5.
    No need to add chlorine tabs or bleach
    Just make sure that it is on the same time the pump is on for circulation

I have a Brand new spare on my garage shelf if this one ever fails. I ordered one before I ordered the pool.Then the Pool kit came with one, So I had a built in cheap spare
    Fast and easy swap if it does
    --- Greg----
    24 x 54 Round Cozumel AGP with Grand Entrance Step 14500 Gal
    Saltron Retro (SWG) 2 are now DEAD!!! Dont BUY They are JUNK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A/G Cristal Flo II Sand Filter Tank w/ 2HP, 2-Speed Dynamo pump -Zeobest
    TFT Test Kit---Gorilla Floor and Foam Pool Cove--Half Deck

5. Back To Top    #5

Stafford / VA

I got this with my Intex Pool.
    Y_Not that is a good idea on the stand alone unit. I was actually thinking it would be better to have the pump/filter/SWG all in one, but that makes sense.

What do I do to disconnect the copper cell? Will search on that. What is the purpose of it, if it can lead to problems?
    12' x 24' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Sand Filter + Salt Water System