Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool blaster vac.

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool blaster vac.

It seems like several of you guys have them and many mention the issue with the battery charger. But no one really says what they think of theirs or other vac's they own or have owned. So tell me about your battery powered vacuums!
    1) The size of your pool in gallons 4440.
    2) The type filter you have is an Intex 2500 gph and it has a re-useable fabric filter
    3) If your pool is an AG (above ground)
    4) Intex 15 by 48 metal frame.
    5) If you know, tell us the size pump 2500gph and the size (flow rate) of your filter.
    Southeastern, Pennsylvania.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool blaster vac.

Catfish is good for spot cleaning. The head's not wide enough and the battery doesn't last long enough to do the whole pool.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

How about the fine stuff? Is it powerful?
    2) The type filter you have is an Intex 2500 gph and it has a re-useable fabric filter
    5) If you know, tell us the size pump 2500gph and the size (flow rate) of your filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

I have the optional fine silt bag and it catches things as fine as sand.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Even with an electric cover on my pool, small silt and pollen, occasional leaves and worms do manage to find their way in and need to be cleaned up. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my PoolBlasterMax. Using the normal big hose to vacuum up small bits of schmutz was a PITA so this little tool gets a short daily workout and its fast and easy.
    One thing they told me when buying it though was to not let it sit in the charger all night. Something about overcharging those lithium batteries is bad. Skippy says he's going to put a small timer out on the plug to deal with that....
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

6. Back To Top    #6

So I ordered the Pool Blaster Max and the micro filter bags. We shall se how it works. I will let you know.

7. Back To Top    #7

Possibly the best pool purchase I've made!

8. Back To Top    #8

I've been using a leaf rake but these pool dustbusters sound nice. I need a Christmas in July present
    IG 12' x 39' - 20k Gallons - Vinyl Lined - StaRite Cristal-Flo II 26" Sand Filter - Hayward SuperPump 1 hp - Dolphin Dynamic autocleaner - Lochinvar Energyrite gas heater - Aqua Rite SWCG T-15 - TF100 Test Kit - Skimlite Duallly 9016 pole (great pole)

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by raidencmc View Post
    I know, right!??!
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

10. Back To Top    #10

I took a little bit longer then brushing the pool. So I'll just vac instead of brush. I think in ten minutes I did what normally takes an hour plus!
    I think the only problem is the battery issues. I think they are easily over charged. My booklet said 4 hours.

11. Back To Top    #11

I had one die after 3 years and PROMPTLY ordered another. Love that thing!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

12. Back To Top    #12

I put one in my Amazon cart last night
    16x32 IG rectangular 21,800k new vinyl liner 2014, Triton II TR 50 sand Filter, Pentair 3/4 hsp whisperflow pump, 3 returns, TF100 test kit w/speedstir. Maytronics s 300i robot.

13. Back To Top    #13

I took a little bit longer then brushing the pool. So I'll just vac instead of brush.
    Wait!! Don't give up brushing just yet, LOL.
    Vacuuming and brushing serve two different purposes. The brushing helps to disrupt any possible algae biofilm as well as stir things into circulation towards the skimmer, while the vacuuming obviously helps pick up schmutz and get it outta there!

I do love my PoolBlasterMax.

14. Back To Top    #14

What I was saying was it is almost as easy as brushing. So instead of brushing I will vacuum more often. Also I remember people talking about the battery. My charger has an led that is red when charging and green when finished I believe. I didn't see anything in the manual about it. But I'd imagine just unplugging it when its green will save the battery.

15. Back To Top    #15

Absolutely awesome. What used to take over an hour and a half now can be done in about a half hour. And it does a better job. The fine filter bags are a must. I bought extra but it came with 2, so I have 7. I put one around my filter too and it helped a ton when it came to cleaning the filter.

16. Back To Top    #16

You guys have a different experience than me. I've had one for years, and find it next to useless. I have the MAX CG model and it barely takes care of the steps acceptably let alone anything else. Bag fills up awefully quick too.
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.

17. Back To Top    #17

Which Pool Master Max are you guys using? There are so many different options with a wide range of prices! I'd like to know which one is working for you.

18. Back To Top    #18

Amazon.com : Water Tech Pool Blaster Max : Swimming Pool Handheld Vacuums : Patio, Lawn Garden I still love it. Over the winter I charged it a few times less then the instructions said and have noticed no difference in battery life. I can do my whole pool before the it starts to bog down.

19. Back To Top    #19

Amazon.com : Water Tech Pool Blaster Max : Swimming Pool Handheld Vacuums : Patio, Lawn Garden I still love it. Over the winter I charged it a few times less then the instructions said and have noticed no difference in battery life. I can do my whole pool before the it starts to bog down.
    I adore mine. I did the same thing over the winter and always keep an eye on it when charging. As soon as it turns green I unplug so it doesn't overcharge. The micro filters are a must as well as keeping the cap lubricated so water doesn't get inside.
    16x32 IG rectangular 21,800k new vinyl liner 2014, Triton II TR 50 sand Filter, Pentair 3/4 hsp whisperflow pump, 3 returns, TF100 test kit w/speedstir. Maytronics s 300i robot.