Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Where to Dump Water

1. Back To Top    #1

Where to Dump Water

Hi all,

Want to lower my CYA, where is the best place to pump the pool water. Can it be pumped on the lawn? I keep my FC on the 9-12 area because of my CYA being 100. I could pump it out to the street but thats at least 150 foot run. Thanks in advance everyone, happy summer!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Where to Dump Water

I watered my lawn with 220 CYA and 24 FC with no apparent harm.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes you can put in on your yard. Cya will not hurt your grass. I have been doing it for yrs. I also backwash in the yard.
    If you pump a lot of water on your yard it may erode the area where the hose sits do to water presure.
    19,000 gal - Vinyl IG - Sand filter -1.5hp. - Taylor k 2006 - Loop Loc cover

4. Back To Top    #4

sounds good to me, i think i am going to pump down to the light fill it up and do it again and see where that gets me CYA wise.

samt where on the island are ya?