Raypak Rp2100 troubles. Need Help.

Jul 6, 2014
hugo, mn
I was wondering if anybody could help me out. I have a raypak rp2100 that won't stay lit. It worked fine last year and this year it started with a rol code so I replaced the roll out fuse and now it starts up. The pilot is blue and it will call for heat and the spark and the burner will ignite. It stays on for a little bit then randomly will burn out and then it will spark again come on again and be on for a min or 2 and then go out. Over and over. I've tried jumping the pressure sensor didn't affect anything. Not sure what it could be. If anybody has any clues or ideas please let me know.
Thanks
Nick

Hi Nick! Welcome to TFP!

Lets see if we can get anyone to help you get answers. I'm not all that proficient with heaters.

My old 2100 had similar problems. I just replaced the heater with a new 2100 last year. My old one had the ROL errors and I replaced the ROL wax fuse with a solid state one. What also helped is to clean the top of the heat exchanger with a shop vac. Take off the top lid on top of the heater and that exposes the top of the exchanger. Give it a good vacuum. Vacuum out under and around the bottom burners why you are at it. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.