Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Raypak Rp2100 troubles. Need Help.

1. Back To Top    #1

hugo, mn

Raypak Rp2100 troubles. Need Help.

I was wondering if anybody could help me out. I have a raypak rp2100 that won't stay lit. It worked fine last year and this year it started with a rol code so I replaced the roll out fuse and now it starts up. The pilot is blue and it will call for heat and the spark and the burner will ignite. It stays on for a little bit then randomly will burn out and then it will spark again come on again and be on for a min or 2 and then go out. Over and over. I've tried jumping the pressure sensor didn't affect anything. Not sure what it could be. If anybody has any clues or ideas please let me know.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW PA

Re: Raypak Rp2100 troubles. Need Help.

Hi Nick! Welcome to TFP!

Lets see if we can get anyone to help you get answers. I'm not all that proficient with heaters.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Las Vegas

One thing you might look at is removing the burner and clean out any spider webs. I've seen that problem mentioned in several BBQ Grill manuals. Other than that, I'd call a professional.

Good luck.
    12000 Gallon IG Plaster built 2/15/2014. Jandy 340 sg ft 127 gpm filter, Jandy 1 HP stealth pump. Circupool RJ-45 SWG (overkill). TF-100 with Speed Stir.

4. Back To Top    #4

My old 2100 had similar problems. I just replaced the heater with a new 2100 last year. My old one had the ROL errors and I replaced the ROL wax fuse with a solid state one. What also helped is to clean the top of the heat exchanger with a shop vac. Take off the top lid on top of the heater and that exposes the top of the exchanger. Give it a good vacuum. Vacuum out under and around the bottom burners why you are at it. Good luck!
    Inground 22k gallon gunite 15x31 main pool, 15x7 wading pool/sunning deck, hot tub/with overflow (9' octagon with limestone top) & slide NSWG, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen
    Filter dual cartridge Sta-rite 450sq/ft, TF-100 Test Kit
    Heater Raypak 2100 400k btu cupro-nickel exchanger
    Auto pool cover, Polaris 280 auto pool cleaner, Jandy AqualinkRS8 Remote Control System