New Ladder, ughhh

pepsiholic

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Fairmont, WV
So I recently purchased a new ladder for pool. It is called the Easy Incline Ladder. My old one that came with the pool kept getting algae inside and it was to heavy and hard to pull out every week to try and bleach it out.

Well, we finally got around to installing the new one and it didn't sit right on the pool bottom. It is SUPPOSED to sit with it's base (Last step is the base) flat on the pool bottom.. No such luck! The back end sat flat, but the front end wouldn't. So when we had my daughter climb down to test it, the back end looked like it was digging into the liner. Ohhh no, I just replaced the liner last year twice! The first one they installed had a hole in it! My dear hubby stuck a mat under it and that was his fix..lol

Today, I sat around thinking, and his fix just wasn't going to do. I removed the bottom step of my old ladder. It had nice rounded edges, so nothing can dig in. I zip tied that piece to the bottom of my new ladder base and viola! no more of the back digging into the mat or liner. The new ladder stays snugly on top of my old ladder base and you really can't even tell it' there. So, I thought I'd share in case anyone runs across a similar situation. Have a happy and safe summer, :paddle:!

I want a picture of the wet viola, LOL. I took viola lessons in elementary school and hated it! I wanted to play a cute little violin but they ran out by the time it got to me.
Good job finding a solution to that problem. Necessity is the mother of invention they say! It would have been so depressing if that new ladder had cut into your liner.

I was working on our deck n hubby was yammering about it raining, it was sprinkling, and he made me take everything in. So I did and it quit raining. I'm ready to pull everything back out n finish framing!

Can't wait to see pics.

LOL at wet viola, that was my poorly executed attempt at French...ok, here is my quick fix at my new ladder. Whoever designed these had the right idea but needs to work on the design just a bit. Each step gets a little bigger as you go down, but the one that's supposed to rest on flat on the floor (which only the back half did), thus digging into the liner, is to squared on the corners in the back. They have the front nice and rounded.

003.JPG

002 (2).jpg

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 136
I cut them off even with the thingy you insert them into. No more sharp edges. I pull my ladder once a week to scrub it down, so I will inspect if they have moved. I also have a vinyl liner under them to protect the pool liner. There's not much else I can do at this point because the steps themselves were cutting into the liner.

Pepsiholic can you add a side view photo of Easy Incline ladder coming out of pool and attaching to deck.

It could be this ladder is designed to be straight up vertical. If it is you would need to push ladder further out and then attach to deck.

If I viewed the correct ladder on line from Amazon it seems to be pretty adamant it is designed for a flat bottom pool to have ladder bottom flat pool side of ladder would need to be plumb.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.